Friday, June 25, 2010

NHL Draft 2010

Today I went to the NHL Draft with Sirena and her mom and step-dad. What a great experience. It was my first time ever going to a draft for any sport and it definitely was entertaining in its own way. Basically you are watching all the important people of each NHL team's organization argue and discuss what players they wanna pick, who they wanna trade etc. It's all very political actually. It was a bummer though that Our LA Kings (Sirena's whole family are Kings fans) didn't end up getting the player we were hoping for. Hey, hopefully the organization knows what they are doing. Eh, I'm sure they do. It was also great that the draft was held at the LA Staples Center...home of the Los Angeles Kings! It was very exciting to see all of the Kings fans going crazy. It was very annoying to see all of the Ducks fans even being there. If there are three teams I don't care for it is the Canucks, the Ducks, and the Red Wings. Luckily there were not many Red Wings or Canucks fans in attendance today. Although the Kings did not get the player we were hoping for (the freakin Ducks ended up picking him up by the way) I am excited to see whats in store for the future of the player they did end up going with. Go Kings!

No comments:

Post a Comment